Do you own a traditional style top load washer with the name Whirlpool or Kenmore on it? If you do then then don't get rid of it just yet. These good old "reliables" have been around for years and most appliance technicians swear by them. In the industry we call them "direct drives." Not sure what you have or if you should repair vs. replace? Call us because we offer free phone advice. 303-828-6111
Tips for Maintaining your Washer:
1. Replace the hot and cold water hoses every 5 years
2. Run a cleaning product though your washer such as Affresh every couple of months
3. Level your washer - Although sometimes "stable" is better then level.
4. Use only 2 tablespoons of detergent. Technology in detergents allow you to use much less, in fact your washer will perform better.
5. If you have a front load washer clean the rubber gasket with a soft cloth and bleach - many odors stem from this area.
6. If you have a front load washer, clean the detergent dispenser with hot water to prevent it from clogging.
7. For both top and front load leave the lid or door open when no in use. This will prevent odors and mildew growth.